15th Steel Development Strategy Conference, host by
SteelHome, was successfully held in International Convention Center
during April 12-14, 2019. Around 1000 delegates from governments,
associations, steel mills, miners, traders, research institutes attended
the one of biggest events in China steel industry.
8th International Raw Materials Supply Chain Summit, 9th Coal
& Coke Development Strategy Conference, 7th China Commodities E-Commerce
Summit and 2019 SteelHome Spring Report were simultaneously held.
On the morning of April 14, Zhang Qiusheng, director of marketing
department of Nanjing Iron and Steel Co., Ltd., made a speech on "Market
Outlook for the Second Quarter".
Zhang Qiusheng, Marketing Director of Nanjing Iron and Steel Co.,
I Review of 2019 Q1 Steel Market
1. Steel price fluctuated in the first quarter
2. Iron ore price rose sharply in the first quarter, coke and scrap
prices fluctuated slightly.
II Outlook for 2019 Q2
The policy landing and cost rise drive steel prices up. It is expected
that the second quarter is better than the first quarter, the second
half is better than the first half. Construction steel is stronger than
1. Global economic downward pressure is greater.
2. The policy is the biggest factor to support the steel price.
3. Steel supply is expected to increase slightly.
4. The demand is expected to increase gradually.
5. The global monetary policy is from tight to loose and the liquidity
is expected to improve.
6. The price of the raw materials is strong, and the price of the
boosting steel is increased.